One of Oakville’s most vibrant communities, Kerr Village is a little slice of the city in a charming village setting and Kerr Village Real estate is no exception. Plus, it’s our home already! Much like a typical Toronto Village like Bloor West, King West, Queen West etc. It’s a destination neighbourhood because of it’s walkable central business area. Much like getting into one of those expensive Toronto neighbourhoods just as they were taking off. People walk, smile at one another and actually say hello. You get to know the shop keepers by name. They all pull together, neighbours and businesses with great pride. Will you be our next neighbour? (2 minutes to the GO train…bonus!). Super Bike friendly too!
Your Choice of Homes
Kerr Village real estate is defined by a diverse selection of homes and two distinct neighbourhoos. West Kerr Village is perfect for young new families to the area who love walkability. Also builders love it here in order to build bigger homes on these properties with large frontages. We also have West River which is on the east side of Kerr St. Both neighbourhoods make up the Business District and Village Community.
What you’ll find is a wide range of homes from brick bungalows, pre-wartime one and a half storey homes, apartments, lofts, and some work-live-style luxury townhomes (offering ground-level storefront with private living spaces above).
The residential West River neighbourhood (the east side of Kerr Village) offers grand-sized lots, plenty of mature trees, stunning design and landscaping and some properties backing onto the gorgeous Sixteen Mile Creek (providing owners with Riparian rights to these valuable waterfront properties). This is a quiet area, with a very friendly and tight-knit residents’ association. A selection of new condo and loft projects are under construction throughout Kerr Village real estate, which will lead to more demand and exciting growth. Want to learn more about what’s changing? Let’s take a tour [‘Tour New
Developments’ Page] today.
Your Future Hotspots
Where will you go once you get here? Here’s our list of the spots that Kerr Village locals rave about…
- The Boot Social Pizzeria: the newest restaurant on the strip. Grab a drinks with friends and relax. It’s almost the neighbourhood pub and get there early to get a table. Friendly, great service, amazing atmosphere and terrific and authentic Neapolitan style pizzas. just north of Speers on the east side of Kerr St, Oakville, ON)
- A true East Coast experience – except closer to the shores of Lake Ontario than the Atlantic: The Mermaid and the Oyster ( Kerr St, Oakville, ON L7R 2G6)
- An established, much-loved Oakville hotspot or lunch and brunch: Stoney’s Bread Company (325 Kerr St, Oakville, ON L6K 3B6)
- Twisted tea parties, amazing scones, custom-blended teas, and events catering: Mad Hatter Tea Co. (282 Kerr St, Oakville, ON L6K 3B3)
- Exquisite fluffy and buttery homemade croissants, plus quiches, omelettes, and one of a kind cakes: Maison Délice Bakery (363 Kerr St, Oakville, ON L6K 3B9)
- The most incredible café lattes, espresso-based drinks, and “clean” eats in a top-10 café in Ontario: Kerr St. Café (298 Kerr St, Oakville, ON L6K 3B3)
- Our hidden gem: The delicious made-to-order pizza of Oakville Pizzeria – which doubles as an Afghan bakery: Oakville Pizzeria (404 Kerr St, Oakville, ON L6K 3C1)
Your Local Schools
Which schools can you find in Kerr Village? Here are some of your options…
- W.H. Morden Public School (JK – 8)
- Pinegrove Public School (JK – 8) – French Immersion
- St. James Elementary School (JK-8) – Catholic
- Oakwood Public School (JK – 6)
- Elementary School Catholic Sainte-Marie (JK – 6)
- Thomas A. Blakelock High School (9 – 12) – French Immersion
- St. Thomas Aquinas Secondary School (9 – 12) – Catholic School
- Ecole Elementaire Catholique Sainte-Marie (JK – 8) – French School
Your Experience and Our Home already
Our Store front on Kerr St.
Kerr Village is the hip place to be, and it just so happens to be our home, too.
Our offices are located here, right in the middle of the fun. We can tell you firsthand that this neighbourhood is
changing almost every day. This is a real community, with real growth, and is already a great place to call home. Looking for walkability and convenience? We’d give this place 10/10!
Want to make Kerr Village real estate yours? Reach out to us now, and we’ll get you a personal tour and all the dirt. It’s all good!